Friday, June 21, 2013

Potato Soup

Spending the weekend at my grandparents always means cooking of some sort! Which is why I'm posting another recipe so soon! Exciting, right??  Oh and I'm posting from my iPad today. Maybe this is a popular thing to do? But I'm old school and prefer my laptop. Okay, enough rambling... onto the food! 


One of my favorite meals to make (if you consider soup a meal) is potato soup. This is something I've been making since I learned to cook (which was forever ago). Here's whatcha do:
*Disclaimer: I'm not big on measurements other than by eye sight 

Recipe
3-6 potatoes (depends on how much soup you wanna make)
1-2 celery stalks 
1/2-1 small onion (up to you)
Milk
Butter
Celery salt
Pepper 
Salt 

Directions
1. Peel potatoes
2. Chop onion, potatoes, and celery 
3. Place in pan with water, boil until potatoes are plenty soft
4. Strain most of the water out of the pan, place back on heat
5. Add butter (2 Tablespoons, or however much you feel) 
6. Add milk (as much as you want depending on how much soup you're making)
7. Add celery salt, pepper, salt. 
8. Continue to heat on stove, then serve! 





No comments:

Post a Comment