Friday, June 28, 2013

Letters From My Heart: Vol. 1


"I believe sometimes, that the whole world has an aching heart" - Kate DiCamillo, author of Because of Winn-Dixie. This week has not been my week. Each day I have woken up and haven’t felt my usual happy self. Normally I keep this all in, but I’ve recently been inspired by a friend to share more of my heart, so here it goes. At the age of 22, I obviously know by now that not every day is going to be one filled with happiness. It’s a journey not a destination. When it comes to being beat up by life I feel one of two things: inferior because I am a mess, or selfish because there are many people that have it much worse. These are my struggles. When it comes to feeling inferior (no idea where this originated from) I have to consistently remind myself that not a single person on this planet has it together 100% of the time. It’s okay to be a mess. Now when it comes to feeling selfish for thinking my life is in shambles that’s trickier. When I have problems I always think well someone out there has it worse, so stop whining. Does that mean you should feel guilty about your sorrows/struggles because somebody else has bigger problems? Absolutely not. I think that everyone goes through hard times and that those circumstances and situations are important enough to each person to feel however they want to feel. By this I mean that my hardships and another person's hardships may not be equal on the ‘hardship’ scale, but situation is important to each person it is happening to. Through sharing some of the things on my heart I hope to relate to others and be inspirational. That is the ultimate purpose behind this new series called letters from my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment