Monday, July 8, 2013

oh monday... we meet again

Happy Monday to all! It was a fantastic four day weekend full of family and friends. I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day. I was able to visit both sets of my grandparents over the long weekend. I headed to north west Iowa on Thursday to visit my mom's parents. Some relatives had a 4th get together where I was able to see relatives that I haven't seen in a few years. It was lovely. Friday consisted of moving my brother and his girlfriend, Moriah, into their downtown apartment. While all of this was going on I was dealing with my own apartment fiasco. As I'm moving them into their AWESOME apartment I am like over in my own bubble crying because my roommate and I were temporarily homeless in Texas. When I say this I mean the apartment we had lined up wasn't going to work out and we had to find a new one from all the way up here in Iowa. Apartment hunting via internet is no bueno. Luckily it all worked out and we now have a home again. AND this is a place that we visited before we moved home for the summer so we already know we love it.

See that smile?? Feelin' happy to not be homeless! Yay!

Saturday night I went to visit my dad's side of the family. We had a small grill out with some relatives. It was great to see that side of my family as well. I have been so worried about not having enough time to visit everyone while being home this summer but I knocked out a lot of people this weekend. And by that I mean visited. I didn't actually knock anyone out. Then to end the weekend the Johnson gang + Moriah headed to the lake with the boat. Although it wasn't a whole day excursion it was still great to be on the water for a few hours. Sadly I did not get to take on water skiing this weekend. Hopefully before I go back to Texas I'll get a chance to! How was your weekend? I'd love to hear!

1 comment: