Friday, July 26, 2013

Etsy Artist: Sara Schnell

Today I want to introduce you to the lovely Sara Schnell! Sara is an Etsy artist and for those of you that are new here I'm an Etsy fanatic. To say I love Etsy is an understatement. Sara creates unique shadow boxes for home decoration. Check her out!

Meet Sara! Owner of Red River Valley


I have lived in Iowa for 22 years and have been crafting for most of them. I really enjoy creating and up-cycling  almost anything. I enjoy scrap booking, reading and playing volleyball and tennis. I graduated from Grand View University in 2009 and am an aspiring full time crafter! I live Des Moines with my fiance and puppy, Clover.


How did you get into making your products?

I started scrap booking when I was in grade school. A few years ago, my fiance's younger sister was graduating from high school. I decided to make her a series of 3 personalized shadow boxes as her graduation gift. The encouragement from those shadow boxes spurred me to start looking for avenues to sell my work.

Why did you choose to use Etsy?

I tried creating my own website and advertising on free platforms but saw little to no results. A co-worker of mine introduced me to Etsy and I fell in love. Setting up my shop was easy and they have so many forums and resources to help. I love the shop stats tools and have learned so much for the teams. Etsy is very user friendly and offers so many tools!

What is your favorite product to make?

I really enjoy making all of my products but my favorite thing to make are the shadow boxes. There are just so many options with them. The size, type of frame, colors and embellishments. The possibilities are endless!




Make sure to check out Sara's Etsy shop at Red River Valley 

She is generously offering Infinite reader's a discount! Get 20% off with the code: SAVE20





No comments:

Post a Comment