Monday, May 28, 2012

Contempo Jewelry {Etsy Feature}

Hello! Today I will be introducing you to Staci, a jewelry artist who is on Etsy!



Hello, my name is Staci Egan. I am the owner of Contempo Jewelry. Contempo Jewelry features nature inspired designs reflective of the lush landscape and colorful foliage of Central Pennsylvania. I specialize in wire working techniques incorporating precious metals, semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls into my designs.

When did you start making jewelry?
 I began creating jewelry in 1999 soon after the birth of my son. I treated myself to a handmade necklace on eBay and when I received it, I thought - I can make this! The rest is history.

What is your favorite material to work with?
I find manipulating wire to be extremely relaxing. The material can be very forgiving, while creatively allowing endless possibilities. I have dabbled in other mediums like glass, metal forging, pottery, precious metal clay, stained glass and bead stitching... But I always find myself coming back to play with wire.

How did you decide to open an Etsy shop?
Five years ago, I read an article about the Philly Craft Mafia. I researched the artists and found that most of them had Etsy shops. I knew it had to be the place to be.

 Anything special you would like to share about your jewelry designs?
In 2010 I was published in "The Best of Jewelry Artists" for my pea pod jewelry. In 2012 I had a bracelet worn on the red carpet for the 84th Academy Awards by the wife of Erik Nash - visual effect for "Reel Steel".

You can find Staci's Etsy shop here



No comments:

Post a Comment