Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dragstrip Dolly {Etsy Feature}


Hello everyone! Today I am excited to feature Missy from Dragstrip Dolly a neat Etsy shop made just for the vintage lover! 



My name is Missy, and originally I'm from San Diego, CA with my husband and our 2 puppies. I have been thrifting since high school and never looked back. When I met my husband he was living in Sweden, and I was not going to miss the chance to move to Stockholm! What a grand adventure that was! Sweden has a great Rockabilly and car culture so we were never short of idea's on what to do. I was like a kid in a candy store at the flea markets surrounded by wonderful vintage 30s-70s Scandinavian treasures ranging from vintage German sewing patterns to vintage 50s teak cabinets and wall units! I'm very lucky that my husband not only supports me in my treasure hunting, but enjoys going to flea markets, garage sales, and the like with me.

I've always had an interest in "making" things, but I really began seriously to dive into sewing when I became frustrated in not being able to find certain vintage outfits in my size that were affordable. So I decided to start making them for myself! It's amazing how much creativity can grow from a cute pattern, a sunny day, a good record , and a cool  glass of wine! I decided to open my Etsy shop dragstripdolly as a way to share some of my treasures with others, and quickly found it was not only a good way to pass some of my vintage goodies on to others, but it was alot of fun.







1960 Pontiac Starchief which has successfully driven us from flea markets,swap meets, and countless garage sales



pattern from shop


The lovely Missy from Dragstrip Dolly has kindly given a 20% off discount code to use in her Etsy shop for all of my followers! 



Code: FABFINDS20


To find her shop click here

No comments:

Post a Comment