Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Technology in the Classroom

Hi lovely followers! As many of you know I am a teacher in a low income area. A huge goal of mine for this year is to incorporate technology into the classroom on a daily basis. To do this I have set up a project on Donor's Choose. For those of you who don't know what it is here are the details. It is a site for teachers to post projects for their classrooms and generous people/companies fund the projects. Projects can be as small as basic classroom supplies or as big as asking for technology. I am specifically asking for an iPad, iPad case, and 3 sets of headphones.

The reason I am asking for these items for the classroom is to enhance the learning of my students. I want to motivate and engage them. I think it is important for students to be taught to be digital citizens and how to use technology that would be required in future careers. Some of the things we would be using the iPad for in the classroom include blogging, research, dictionary/thesaurus use, creating presentations/projects, classroom communication and much more. Below you will find the link for my Donor's Choose project. From now until August 25th any donation (up to 100) will be matched by Donor's Choose. Please help me fund this project and incorporate technology into the class starting at the beginning of the school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment