Friday, August 9, 2013

my favorite place in the world

via

 When I was younger, lets say 10, I thought I needed to have a favorite place in the world. Why was this a thought? I guess for some reason I thought everyone had a favorite place in the world and when things got bad they could think of that place. So at the age of 10 how was I supposed to decide what was my favorite place? I hadn't seen much of the world except where I grew up. Well I still managed to find the place as a 10 year old. You see, across from my grandparent's house in a tiny town, there is a park. At this park there is a merry-go-round. I loved to lay flay on my back and spin and spin. Above me the blue sky and sun crept in and out of the branches of a giant tree. Or at the age of 10 what would have seemed giant.

My grandparents still live in this place and I have watched the park change as the years have gone by. I am fairly certain the merry-go-round is still there, but I'm not so sure about the tree. I don't know how, in that moment, I decided that was my favorite place. Was it the feeling of spinning and watching the world above me go round and round or maybe the bright sky and sunshine? I don't know exactly, but the memory of spinning so fast and thinking 'this is my favorite place in the world' still sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment