Saturday, February 18, 2012

Guest Post // Desperate Chefwife

Hi my lovely followers! Happy Saturday :) Today Shannon, the lovely lady from Desperate Chefwife, will be guest posting about a delicious dessert recipe!



Hey guys I’m Shannon Thomas from Desperate Chefwife! I am super excited about posting on Infinite Illumination today! Abby and I met through some twists of online fate, and I am so glad we did! She is so cute, and talented and I love this site!
Today I have a treat for all of you, and would only ask for one teensy thing in return. Take the link to my blog and become a follower, and if you REALLY wanted to help me out, go like” me on facebook. I would appreciate it so much I might even hunt you down and give you one of these.
That’s just one.

 











This is 3…





















I’ll just let that sink in for a few more seconds while I describe what this is.
Triple
Layer
Cookies
&
Cream
Nutella
Crunch
Bars.
After making these and taking and editing the pictures I panicked, and immediately had to email Abby and ask if she was a “healthy recipes only” person, because this wasn’t going to fit that bill.
She said she liked the “bad stuff”
A girl after my own heart I tell ya.
So what are these things?
A layer of gooooeeyy brownies filled with oreos (look how cute!)














Covered with crushed oreos and chocolate chips

  














All married together with a blissful mixture of nutella and melted chocolate. I love the term marriage in cooking and in life, because really, what is better than marriage? Or nutella mixed with melted chocolate? Absolutely nothing.

  

















So here’s the recipe. Really. Try it. I dare you. You will wow everyone. Then make sure you tell me how it goes, and come to me again and again for other fantastic recipes.
Enjoy!

Triple Layer Cookies & Cream Nutella Crunch Bars
½ cup butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
¼ tsp salt
3 TBL cocoa powder
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
½ cup Nutella
20 oreo cookies

Preheat oven to 350
Butter and flour an 8x8 pan
Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (really, we are going for whipped here, so it might take like 5-7 minutes)
Mix in 1 egg at a time, then add the vanilla
Add Cocoa powder and stir until well combined
Throw in the flour and salt, and mix until just combined.
Pour batter into the pan, and sink 9 oreos into the batter and press them down (like the picture above)
Bake for 25-30 min
While the brownie layer is cooking add the remaining 11 oreos (seriously, when I did it, it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how many oreos to crush “20-9 is….hmmm….”)
Don’t crush them to a powder, just to little chunks, then add ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
When the brownie layer is finished cooking, sprinkle the oreo/chocolate chip mixture over the whole thing and cook for another 2-3 minutes
Melt the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave (if you do that, PLEASE be careful, 30 second increments, and stir between every time, so you don’t burn them!) or in a double boiler. Add the nutella and stir until smooth.
When the oreo/chocolate chip layer is done, dump the chocolate/nutella mixture on top, and spread very carefully so it’s all even. Then shake the pan like you are panning for gold. You want to get the chocolate in the crevices of all the oreos so it sticks to the brownie layer.
Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then pull out and serve at room temperature with a fat glass of milk. Really you will need it.
Then go “follow” Desperate Chefwife because she brought these pieces of heaven into your life.
Thanks guys!

  













 Adapted from How Sweet it is


No comments:

Post a Comment