Friday, January 27, 2012

cake pops



Friday morning always seem to end up being my baking time. This morning I made cake pops for the first time! I bought the babycakes cake pop maker which I give an A+. It works really really well! This weekend I am going to Okoboji for the winter games. I am so excited to spend time with my lovely boyfriend and my amazing best friend and all the other people I will see. So of course I needed to make something delish to bring with me. These turned out so beautiful! Luckily I had the other Abby offer up some colorful marshmallows to crush up and sprinkle on top of them. Props to her for the adorable idea!






Recipe:


1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter (softened)
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. milk
2 tbsp. cocoa


1. combine flour, baking powder and salt. set aside
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla
3. Alternately blend in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
4. Add 2 tbsp. cocoa
5. (if making in babycake maker) fill each reservoir with about 1 tablespoon of batter
6. Bake 4 to 5 minutes
7. allow to cool and decorate as desired.


(recipe is modified from the babycake book that comes with the maker)

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to get a cakepop maker! I'm glad that you like it, maybe I will!

    New follower:)

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete