Saturday, February 23, 2013

bits & pieces



Life in Texas has so far been proving itself to be quite the learning experience. Living where I live things are pretty much the same as home except for the fact that there are a lot more people and a lot more stores right next to me. As for school... that is a different story. It is a whole different world. You hear and see movies about schools in high areas of poverty but you don't really understand until you are placed in a situation where you are dealing with it everyday. Needless to say, its quite a challenge. It is sad to see what goes on and it is sad to think about the life some of the children go home to. I love how exciting everyday is though. There is never a dull moment.

Lately I feel like I've turned into an old lady! I spend all day at school then usually by the time I get through traffic to get home I have to make dinner. Working out comes next and by then I'm half asleep. On the weekends I spend most of my time reading or looking up new ways to teach online. Usually I do this at my apartment. Sadly, there aren't any coffee shops right in my area and the few that are around are more than a half hour away. I spent some time at one today. Missing my local coffee shops back home. :(

I'll be visiting back home for my spring break. I am really looking forward to spending time with my family and friends!



Here are a few things that I have found for teaching that I love. In case you know anyone who teaches, pass this post along!

I'm totally into the rap songs as a teaching tool. Here is one for figurative language.
 

Here is one for anti-bullying. LOVE IT.

And here is one just for fun! My students love these and this song! Quite catchy :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment