Friday, December 6, 2013

I Love You Grandma

"There ain't no way you can hold onto something that wants to go you can only love what you have while you got it" -Because of Winn Dixie

I never thought that writing this quote down midsummer as I read the story of Because of Winn Dixie that it would apply to me in such a way as it is now. I knew it was coming but I never mentally prepared myself. I have been told it is okay to ask big things of God so I was hoping that one day things could possibly, by a miracle get better. I called most days and I remember the day at school where I thought I should start calling her during my off period. I called her and told her about school and about how I wanted to start calling her during the day so she didn't feel lonely on days when not many people called. Over night everything changed... The once independent, take no shit, and overly generous woman I knew became dependent and frail. Gone. Never to return to the same person. Life would never be the same I silently cried to myself. Yesterday, God called my sweet grandma home. Life will never be the same I continue to cry.

I am so thankful for the 22 years I got to spend with her being the 'apple of her eye' as she always told me. Along with my mom, she was the most influential woman in my life. I will never forget all the memories. As I've been told it's never goodbye... it's see you later. I know that I will see her again and while I wait I will do my best to make her proud. I love you grandma.

1 comment:

  1. I am positive she is proud of you! So sorry for your loss Abby.

    ReplyDelete